Thursday, August 24, 2017

Bear Lake 2017

Bear Lake has always been one of my favorite family traditions. I've been going every year for as long as I can remember. It used to be my family, the Sumsions, and some of their friends. Jeaneal would bring her dogs, cat, and her bird Jade in her trailer. I have fond memories of playing card games with her boys, and learning how to Skii on the lake. It was seriously so fun! Over the years the Sumsions kids have grown up and they've started going to the Gorge, and my moms sister Christie and her family have taken over the Bear Lake tradition with us. Now that I have kids of my own, it has gotten even sweeter! There's nothing like watching your boy run around and get dirty all day long. Pure toddler bliss. Next year we'll have a one year old and a two and a half year old....now THAT will be fun. 

This year we spent 4 days and 3 nights over there. We stayed in my parents tent trailer and I was so nervous about sleeping arrangements! Hunter ended up sleeping with Jake and I, Ryan slept on the other bed with the couch next to it in case he rolled off (which he did), and the dog slept on the floor in the middle. It was kind of crazy trying to get Ryan to sleep, but we survived. Usually we just lay him down in his crib and he puts himself to sleep, but we had to rock and rock and rock him in the trailer. By the third day we wised up and took him on a drive until he fell asleep and then transferred him to the bed, which worked like a charm. He didn't take any naps so by bedtime he was exhausted!

We played at the campground a bunch, went on a couple walks, spent 2 days at the beach, ate yummy shakes, sat around a campfire every night, and had an overall really fun time. Hunter was such an angel the whole time! 









Elli crashed out on the lake one day and had to be towed back to shore. Somehow Hannah and Eric got her out of the water and onto the sand without waking her up, and she took a solid nap in that position. Sweet girl was WIPED! Those kids played hard.














The drives weren't as rough as I was expecting and we can't wait to go back. I do have to say though, warm running water, my own toilet and shower, and our own beds felt like luxury when we came home!

No comments:

Post a Comment