Tuesday, August 22, 2017

End of summer

My month long hiatus from blogging was unintentional, but I'm back. Motherhood has been kicking my butt! I've stopped taking a medication that was making me feel funky, set some goals, and refocused on my kiddos and I finally feel like I'm getting a grip on things again. I don't feel like doing a detailed month long recap (and I doubt you want to read that long of a post) so here's a mini summary. 
Ryan's language has exploded lately. His most clear word is "doggy", although he basically thinks all animals are dogs, including flies. He says "please" without the "pl" so it's more like "eeeeease! Eeeeasssssssse!!!!" Haha. He definitely knows what that one means, and when he wants something really really bad his "please" gets super urgent. It's pretty funny. He copies everything we do and is a busy little dude. He's great at walking close when we're out and about and loves to hold hands. 











Hunter is the sweetest 3 month old baby ever. He has such a sweet disposition and loves to sit and just talk and talk at you. His little voice just kills me! We've had our share of breastfeeding struggles but the chiropractor seems to be helping. He's a pretty good sleeper at night (except for when he's not...) and naps great during the day. He will take a bottle of breast milk when mom needs a break...hallelujah! Him and Ryan have started to notice each other. I've caught them smiling at each other a couple times and oh man, it's just the best thing ever! I can't wait until they can play and entertain each other. ;)










I've been going to my Tuesday toning class as often as the babies will let me. It's been such a good outlet! We've had friends over a couple times and I've been stretching out of my comfort zone to get some adult interaction during the day. :) Pluralsight had their summer party at the bees game, and our neighborhood had a BBQ at the park- complete with a live DJ. Jake had a birthday (ALL he wanted was chocolate cake haha), we've made lots of trips to thanksgiving point, and had dinner at the park. We had a failed attempt at the toddler bed, some street fair food, and have watched Moana one too many times. Our garden that we thought was a dud finally bloomed and is producing zucchini and a million tomatoes! Needless to say, it's been a really good end to the summer.












Now I say...bring on Fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment