Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Screamin'

I've had a couple people ask me what the hardest or most surprising part about being a mom has been so far. Honestly, we've had a fairly seamless ride. We feel really really lucky to say that. Ryan sleeps well and I'm lucky enough to be a stay at home mom, so really whatever I lose at night I can make up during the day in naps. He's been a great nurser from the beginning, so we skipped a couple road blocks there too.
Now obviously I can't complain too much after telling you what I just did, but I'll tell you what. The kid HATES the car. I mean, really really really hates it. He's fine in the car seat, but by the time I'm halfway down the driveway he's screaming bloody murder. We've tried everything we can think of- inserts, no inserts, binky, toys, white noise, cover, no cover, shushing, holding his hand, blanket, no blanket. Nothing works! He just cries and cries until we pull him out.
So, there we have it. The hardest part of motherhood so far is leaving the house. I dread the thought. Good thing he's cute. ;)

Pictured: a rare occasion weeeeeks ago when I got him to suck on a binky in the car and he fell asleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment