Thursday, March 23, 2017

Life at 30 weeks pregnant

Me: I think I'm nesting.
Jake: um....pretty sure you've been nesting since the day we found out you were pregnant. Sweeping, organizing, then scrubbing and sweeping again....
Ha! I think he's right..this pregnancy has brought out the OCD in me. Needless to say, I've kept a very clean house. ;) 
I'm officially 30 weeks now (almost 31) and this belly means business! Right around this time is when I really popped with Ryan too. The baby is sitting head down and extremely low, so any amount of walking/standing quickly becomes painful and I've got the pregnant waddle nailed. I still haven't given into maternity pants (I know, it's silly, but I can't justify $40 on a pair of pants that are wayyyy too short and will only be worn for a couple months) so I'm counting down the days until it's hot and I can just wear dresses 24/7. Thank you hair tie trick in the meantime! All my shirts are getting too short too, so I basically live in pajamas at home. At least Sunday attire is working for me. :) 


Skip this little paragraph if you don't want to hear TMI pregnancy details, but I have to document for my own sake. Last week I was POSITIVE my water had broke. It was so surreal. I was standing in the kitchen, and had a gush of totally clear water like fluid. Not like a dramatic puddle on the floor gush, but big enough for me to be alarmed and have to change my pants....haha. I called my midwife (it's like 9pm) and she says to go to L&D, so we packed up Ryan and off we went. They sent a sample of the fluid to be tested and while we're waiting I get another gush! Shortly after, they come back and say the test was negative. We asked what it was and they basically said they had no idea, but since I wasn't bleeding or contracting they would let me be on my way. How's that for strange! Baby is still cozy inside and perfectly healthy, so we're just chalking it up to pregnancy doing weird things to your body. We're so grateful to not have a preemie! Shout out to my parents for running down to the hospital to pick up Ryan, and then turning right back around when it was a false alarm. 
Here's to 10 more weeks of carrying baby boy, who still has no name. :) 

Ryan is at a tricky tricky age right now. He's so smart and knows what he wants, but he doesn't know how to communicate it. This results in lots of frustrated toddler tantrums and one helpless mom. Sometimes he's just whining and whining and I can't figure out what the heck he needs, but we're taking it day by day. Not being cooped up in the house helps, so we've made lots of target/lowes/grocery store/park/around the block trips. 

 
 
^pushing a Costco cart in a life jacket. Totally normal 

Our landscaping project is coming right along. We have gravel laid for the fire pit, plans this week for the patio to be poured, and half a fence up. Grass is scheduled for April 7th, so everything has to be done by then! Jake spent Saturday installing sprinklers and was basically in heaven driving a tractor all day digging trenches. Bonus, he looked smokin' while doing it! 

 

The Gardners came over for dinner tonight. We love their company! We got to meet Bradley's fiancĂ©, and Callie and Seth's boy James is such a fun little playmate for Ryan. They look so much alike and it was super cute to see them running around and playing together. James is a little older and less reserved, so sometimes Ryan would just be staring at him watching his every move. They took a little sink bath together after we ate so I snapped a couple pictures. Sweet little red heads! 

 

We also got to spend an evening with miss Elli at grandma and grandpa's house! These two fight for attention like no other when they're together, it's pretty hilarious. 

 

We had planned to spend a couple days in California as one last hoorah as a family of 3, but as we looked at our calendar we realized I was going to be 35+ weeks pregnant before we could get away. Flying that near to the end felt too risky, so we decided we'd just drive to Logan this weekend and spend a night there instead. Less planning required and closer to home. Our only goals for the trip are to visit Emmy, swim, eat good food, and take a load off. Pictures to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment