Tuesday, March 7, 2017

What we've been up to

We've been busy bees over here! Projects, outings, baby milestones, and perhaps the most daunting of all...landscaping. Here's a little (and by little I mean long and wordy) photo recap. 

Valentine's Day was a simple and sweet day. Jake had to go into the office, so Ryan and I hung out at home. Heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, of course. No pictures though. They pretty much just looked like blobs. I have a couple years to get better at shaped pancakes before the kid starts caring. Ha :)

 
 
 
Jake came home with Zupas (every pregnant girls dream) and the most beautiful bouquet of flowers! Tulips, roses, and baby's breath. My favorites. 

 
Our boy is walking now, and he's the most mischievous little thing! Here we have a naked baby on the run, unrolling all the toilet paper, with a lint roller stuck to his butt. Pretty much sums it up! 

 
We finally bought his first pair of walkin shoes. I've had my eyes on Freshly Picked moccs for a long time, and finally had a reason to buy a pair. They're so dang cute on him!

 
 
Two ear infections right in a row for this one. After a whole year of nothing but runny noses, it finally happened. Poor dude. In fact, we've all been sick a TON the past couple of months! Looking forward to spring for sure. 

 
We turned the little nook right inside our front door into a mini mud room. It turned out so cute! Shiplap for the win. And three cheers for pink plywood, I almost went crazy seeing that sit there before we got around to painting it.


 
The bump is coming right along, 28 weeks now! This pregnancy has gone by crazy fast. Blows my mind that we're already in the third trimester. I go back and forth between feeling ready and feeling like this whole mom of two thing is going to crush me. Jake's like, "bring it on! Let's have all the babies!!" so I mostly just try to let his excitement and positivity carry me along. :) Overall I'm just really anxious to meet this baby, and I know I've got tons of support and people to love on us, so all is well!
And while we're sneaking a picture of Maeve in...man, this dog is a dream! She fits in so nicely. I hope we have many more years with her! 

 
 
 
My grandpa Moore passed last month. I spent some good time with him as a child/young teen, and most of what I remember was when he had dimentia. The funny stories that made no sense were plentiful, my favorite being when he was in a rest home and told Jake and I that he got there by "coming over those mountains and into America!" His funeral was simple and sweet. These two cousins got to hang out and swap food at lunch afterwards. 

 
Ryan has a deep newfound love for his grandma. If she's around, he seriously will accept no less than being in her arms. He freaks out if someone else tries to take him away from her! 

 
 
Paige and I went to Momday Conference on Saturday, which was basically an all day event for moms including speakers, dinner, and booths at the end. It was super worthwhile and inspiring! Bridger got to come as a nursing baby, and he was subjected to catching Paige's taco spills. He didn't seem to mind. ;) Big shout out to my amazing husband for spending the day alone with Ryan! 

 
 
 
 
And finally...landscaping. This has been a much anticipated project as the weather warms up, and it's finally time! I can not tell you how excited I am to not deal with the mud in the house every time the dog goes out to pee. I will never take grass for granted again! 
We started with the front yard. It was really rocky and uneven. Here's a before and after. It is now graded, de-rocked, and sprinklers are in the ground! Next step- grass. The sod companies start cutting around the first of  April....but who's counting, right?

 
 
We just had a retaining wall put in on the other side of our property. (not pictured...it looks just like the one above. :) Now we are waiting for the HOA to approve our fencing plan, and then we're good to go on installing that. In the meantime, Jake has a couple friends coming over to help him pour the patio, and then he will smooth out the back yard and lay sprinklers. Then...grass!! I have big plans for a vegetable garden this year and can't wait to bring our back patio dreams to life. Our goal is to have it 100% complete by the time baby gets here, so far we're looking good. This project is huge and is definitely the worst part about building a home vs buying a home that is already landscaped. In the end it will be well worth it! 

Well, there's our recap. I realize I'd be a better blogger if I consistently wrote smaller posts instead of writing one giant one every couple of months...haha. Working on it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment