Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Engaged!

After spending one college semester in Provo, I had moved back to West Jordan and got an apartment with my best friend Paige. Jake was super excited that he didn't have to blow a bunch of money on diesel to drive down and see me anymore. :) He came and picked me up from the apartment on January 1st, 2015 to spend the day together, and I knew exactly what was happening! 



He drove me out to all of "our spots." We got out at each one and reminisced on all our good talks, laughs, and tears...ok, my tears. He even had a playlist going of all our favorite songs and "marry me" by Jason Derulo. ;) We had relied on each other a lot for advice and support at these places, making it extra special. 



The last one was right up next to some train tracks by the Great Salt Lake, where we were lucky enough to watch the train go by just several feet from us one time. So so cool. It was snowing and I was still in a giant boot from ankle surgery, so we hobbled out stood by the tracks. He told me how much he loved me, and how he couldn't wait to keep adventuring. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes! 

We drove to our parent's houses and shared the news! Jake had planned the perfect engagement and everyone was super excited and supportive.


No comments:

Post a Comment