Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Thanks, Facebook

My Jake went through a "date all the girls" period. When his interviewer for his current job asked what he did with his free time, he said "I date. I date a lot." They thought that was pretty dang funny, and after he got the job, they made a bunch of business cards with his picture and famous quote to pass out to all the single ladies. No one took the bait. I, however, couldn't resist like they did.

 I got a totally awkward and somewhat creepy message in my Facebok inbox from a guy who I had never seen in my life as a senior in high school, and ran with it. We had mutual friends, after all. ;) Aren't we all glad he didn't end up being an ax murderer??



It was hands down my best first date. The conversation was easy, food was good, and the dancing was so much fun! He took a little more convincing, and for a while all I was good for was giving relationship advice for him and his other girlfriends. Boooo.
 We spent a TON of time together, and eventually he got on board and decided I wasn't so bad. In fact, once we became an "item", we only dated for about 5 months before he pulled out a ring. Next came a one week engagement, a shotgun wedding, quick honeymoon in Seattle, and our first apartment. A couple months later we built our first house, and got a positive pregnancy test. We've never really wasted any time, if you haven't caught on to that already. :)

Our Ryan Thomas was born on January 31st, 2016, and we couldn't be happier! We've been blessed with an incredible life so far, all thanks to Facebook and one confident avid dater. 





No comments:

Post a Comment