Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Shotgun Wedding+Seattle

Jake and I were only engaged for one week. Yep, 7 whole days. We originally had planned to get married on March 8th with all our friends and family, so we immediately started planning.

We started looking at venues, picking flowers, etc. It was STRESSFUL. After looking at a barn that was supposed to be cute and charming (it ended up smelling horribly and was nothing close to cute) we sat in the car and Jake suggested, again, that we elope. I hated how we were focusing on pleasing our guests and really just wanted to be married already, so much to Jake's surprise, I agreed. Upon one condition. I said we had to do it FAST, before I changed my mind. He didn't object. :)


 We decided our immediate families should be included, so we settled for a somewhat secluded park in Murray with lots of trees. Our good friend Coleman married us. It was cold, and quick, and perfect. We didn't have a photographer, and my mom put together my bouquet with grocery store flowers. I had purchased my dress at the mall two days before. Everyone blew bubbles when we sealed the deal with a kiss!


We took off road tripping to Seattle right after. We stopped for the night in Burley, Idaho and almost got denied a hotel room for not being 21. Still makes me laugh! Luckily we were from out of town so the rules were bent. :) We finished the drive to Seattle and played tourist for a couple days before making the trek back home.


 This was NOT how I had always imagined my wedding day! I definitely had a pinterest board full of wedding ideas. However, when you find the perfect person, you don't care nearly as much about all the frill. You just want to be married. I wouldn't change a thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment