Saturday, September 9, 2017

A busy week

We had the busiest week! (Two weeks ago...it's taking me forever to write this post!) We ended last weekend with a busy Sunday and it hasn't stopped since. 
We had our first tomato harvest! Our garden has been thoroughly neglected so we didn't expect much, but it keeps surprising us. 



We went to church and of course fought Ryan to stay in nursery half of the time. He wouldn't have it and ended up hanging out in Jake's sunbeams class so I could go to relief society. It ended up working quite nicely! 



There was ANOTHER fire close by. Someone posted this picture on the Eagle Mountain Facebook page. Some of them are too close for comfort! 



I also made a mega batch of zucchini bread with our garden zucchini. We burnt the bottom of the cake pan loaf. We forgot to take it out before the thicker ones...duh. The top was still delicious! 



That evening we went to my parents house in Taylorsville for dinner and my mom played and played with Ryan. He was digging this blanket fort. 




I've been trying to get up early when Hunter wakes up to get all ready for the day before Ryan is awake. My little buddies are so happy and cute in the morning. 




On Monday we went to the farm with Paige and Bridger. Bridger is almost one and is the flirtiest little thing! We had a picnic and Ryan entertained himself with Paige's stroller for a solid 20 mins while Bridger played in the dirt. Talk about a mama's dream.







I started putting together a fall capsule wardrobe for Ryan and ohhh man he's gonna be one stylin' little dude here in a couple months! 



 
My Ryan got his first haircut and he looks so big and handsome! Our neighbor Breanna did it, and despite the look on his face, he really really loves her. 




I put together a ladies night for the gals in my neighborhood. We went to the Food truck roundup right down the street and ate lots of yummy food. It was a really good time and we had a really good turnout! 



And lots of hangs at home with my boys. I've really struggled mentally with nursing Hunter the past month or so. Every time he would latch I would get the worst feelings. Thinking it's possibly DMER? We've switched to pumping and bottle feeding with a little formula here and there to get him used to it (not a fan of pumping so I don't want to do it forever) and although it was a struggle the first couple of days, he's doing REALLY well now!! We're all much happier. 








The current natural disasters around the world are devestating to watch. We're praying for all those involved and have donated what we can. Food storage has never felt so important! 

No comments:

Post a Comment